Thursday, August 7, 2008

what’s cooking wednesday – baked apples

Yes, I know its Thursday and I'm just posting my What's Cooking Wednesday recipe but I've been very busy, see tomorrow's blog.

Here is a quick recipe for baked apples that came out yummy and gooey. If you have another dish in the oven this is a great one to put in to share the heat. It's time in the oven depends on the heat of the oven. It is a very forgiving recipe.

I'm giving the recipe for one baked apple; you can multiply the ingredients per the quantity you want to make.




Baked Apples
1 Apple, I used Gala, a soft apple works best
1 tsp. of Apricot Jam
1 tsp. cream cheese
1 tsp. brown sugar
1 pat butter

Take a melon baller (is that a word?) and core the center of the apple out leaving the bottom in so all the melty goodness doesn't run out. Spoon in this order; jam, cream cheese, brown sugar, and top with butter.

Bake at 350° for 35 - 45 minutes. Check to see if the apple is soft and looks somewhat golden. Kinda like squeezing the Charmin.

This would go really well with a scoop of gelato or ice cream. My apples were average size and I ate two. They are good. Hope you enjoy them, let me know if you try it. Of course you can switch the jams, cheese, etc. There are some very creative cooks out there.

Buon Appetito


Today’s Temperature
High: 104°F/40°C
Low: 81°F/27°C
Humidity: 21%

No comments: