Saturday, July 19, 2008

villa reale - lucca, italy

When I was in Italy in 2006 I took a week long Italian class that was disastrous, but I’ll save that for another post. The class was in one of my favorite towns, Lucca. I love love love Lucca and I rank it right at the top of my favorite small towns in Italy list. My favorite large city is Florence.

One of the excursions during the week long Italian lessons was a field trip to Villa Reale located a short distance outside the walls of Lucca. The instructor spoke Italian the whole time explaining what everything was giving the intermediate and advanced students some good lessons. For us beginners it was useless so I roamed the property taking pictures. It was a beautiful villa, can you imagine being the gardener?

Here are some of my pictures.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we are long lost sisters. Lucca is my fav, and Florence is my fav big city also :)

Anonymous said...

My Melange - hello soul sister. I enjoy your blog, thanks for stopping by and commenting.

I know when I fall in love with a town I spend time surrounded by the people and not go to the museums, churches, etc. Of the hundreds of churches I've entered in Italy I've not come close to venturing into one in Lucca. Museum either. Too funny.