Monday, July 21, 2008

ole'

I had a lone avocado sitting sadly in the frig and being that it was a weekend afternoon thought a quick little appetizer with a ice cold adult beverage was what a hot summer afternoon called for.

So I rummaged in the frig and found a few other ingredients and Ole’ guacamole dip was made and I added a refreshing margarita along with it. I’ll give you the ingredients I use to make guacamole but this is one of those dishes that you can add or subtract per your liking.

I must say that for my guac dip I have to have cilantro, kosher salt, and lime juice in it or it just doesn’t taste right. I’ve tried some substitutions when I didn’t have my required ingredients and I didn’t care for it. I tried lemon juice in place of lime, nope not the same. Replace cilantro with parsley, no way José.

So, now that we are in the dog days of summer buy a couple of avocado’s and let them ripen on your counter and be ready for some awesome guacamole dip when they’re ready.


Guacamole Dip
Ripe Avocado
Cilantro
Lime Juice
Red Onion – finely minced
Green Onion – white & green portion
Tomatoes – finely chopped – squeeze out juice & seeds
Jalapeno – to taste
Kosher Salt – to taste
Tortilla Chips of your choice


Editors Note: Yes, I was in need of a visit to my manicurist in a bad way. Had to share a bite with my readers so this picture just had to be taken. My nails looked beautimous the next day.

And of course we don’t want to forget our adult beverage which as anyone in the southwest can attest is needed with guacamole, a nice cold margarita.

I’m not an expert on margarita’s but I did 3 parts margarita mix to 1 part Tequila. Tweak to your taste. I prefer my margarita on the rocks but you can throw the concoction into a blender and add ice and you have yourself a frozen margarita. This gives me a headache, I must drink too fast. If you like margaritas in a salted glass (I don't) take a wedge of lime and run it on the rim of your glass and dip the glass in coarse salt. Decorate glass with a lime wedge. Cheers!



Today’s Temperature
High: 102°F/39°C
Low: 82°F/28°C
Humidity: 29%

No comments: