Friday, May 22, 2009

italia - i made it

-9 months of planning

-endless hours of emails

-some sleeples nights

-on Italian soil - priceless

Yes, I'm finally walking on Italian soil, enjoying the caffe and food. It was a bit crazy the last week prior to my flying out but I'm here. I haven' journaled or blogged as I had thought I would but things haven't come as easily as they have in my past travels to Italy.


Italy cell phone not working - needed to get a new cell number, TM store closed, then my passport wouldn't work so had to use my moms and finally after too much time my phone isn't getting service where I am in Acqui Terme. Aargh.


Brought a netbook with me to email, blog, etc. and have yet to figure out the wirless feature. This is purely a user issue and then finding a WiFi link. Have found some Internet cafes so working through them.


banking - didn't get to take care of this before I left but have done it online in the past trips. Well my back has put more security features into their system and doing banking from Europe has been challenging at best. Thank goodness for my wonder sister Tammie and my son Trevor, they've bailed me out.



Will write more and post pictures hopefull really soon.

Ciao,
Linda

5 comments:

Rowena said...

Despite all that...the best is yet to come! I don't recall you having said how long you'll be here but I look forward to photos so please take lots!!!!!

Gail - Fort Rock Glimpses said...

I agree with Rowena, just take lots of pictures and soak it all up. At least journal while you are there so that you can capture everything. I understand the bank problems. I hope you notified them of where you were going prior to leaving. Also, I found that Italian ATM's limit the daily amount that you can take out. That was a surprise to me. I had gotten my bank, here, to increase my daily limit, but it didn't matter over there. Their limit was their limit. And that is that.

Valerie said...

Ben tornata! The atmosphere, cappuccini, and gorgeous sights will more than make up for the hassles.

Jerry said...

Linda - I'm glad that you made it! I can't wait to hear the trip details.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Hey there, I sent you an email letting you know you had won a copy of Travellers Calabria, but perhaps it got lost in cyberspace? Send me your address and I'll forward it to the publisher :)