Wednesday, November 19, 2008

what’s cooking wednesday – zucchini pie/muffins

I was craving something comforting the other night other then a tossed salad with grilled chicken so I whipped up some zucchini muffins. It really was an old recipe that you make in a pie dish with Bisquick, I made a few alterations and it came out very tasty and easy to make.

I’ll list the original recipe along with the alterations I made in parenthesis; either way it’s a nice light main dish or a good side dish. I cut the recipe in half for my muffins except adding extra zucchini.

Zucchini Pie (Muffins)

3 cups of shredded zucchini (2 cups)
4 eggs (1/2 cup Egg Beaters)
1 cup Bisquick (1/2 cup)
1 Tbs. dried Parsley (2 Tbs. fresh)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (1/2 cup cheddar & ½ cup feta)
½ cup oil (1/4 cup but I would use less next time)
(added grated onion, couldn’t taste it, wouldn’t add next time)


Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased 9” pie or quiche pan. Bake at 375º for 40 minutes or until done.



(I wanted to see what this recipe would taste like with feta cheese. I made up the mixture, split it into two separate bowls and added the cheddar to one and the feta to the other. There wasn’t much flavor with the feta cheese muffins surprisingly, I would stick to just cheddar.

Halving this recipe made 6 muffins. I sprayed PAM in the muffin tin and baked on the convection cycle at 350 º for 25 minutes.)


Buon Appetito

No comments: