Friday, June 6, 2008

on your special day

There is someone dear in my life that I would like to take a moment on their special day to wish them a happy birthday.

Our relationship has changed over the years and it is now a friendship that I cherish more than anything on this earth. They know that I’d walk a million miles or lay down my life for them and I know they would do the same.

We chat on the phone regularly but due to distance and life schedules we don’t get to spend a lot of time together. When we do get together we have such a good time whether it’s dining out or just watching a movie.

We enjoy traveling together and we both seem to be able to tolerate each others idiosyncrasies. We do argue over the window seat on the plane, but I usually give in and give it up. Argh.

Together we’ve laughed, cried, and shared our disappointments and our dreams.

This treasured friend came into my life when I was a young adult and through the years has helped shape me into the person I am today. I can’t imagine what my life would have been like without them in it.

You see this special person is my son ‘Mr. T’. God blessed me on June 6th 1984 at 5:05am with a beautiful healthy baby boy. When Mr. T was a year old I became a single parent which had a big part in shaping our relationship today. He is a caring, loving, and affectionate son who has grown into a wonderful adult whom I’m very proud of.

So Mr. T here’s to a happy 24th birthday; may all your wishes and dreams come true.

Love,
Mom

No comments: