Monday, June 2, 2008

the bounty

It’s a Monday and instead of getting ready for work I’m out in my garden watering, pruning, and picking the bounty. Here is a picture of red grape and yellow cherry tomato’s that have finally ripened. Aren’t the colors beautiful? They are quite tasty too. They have that homegrown tomato smell and taste that you don’t get from the store bought ones. I wish I lived closed to my parents as my dad grows a lot of tomatos and they are big and beautiful. I seem to only have luck with growing the small version but they are still yummy. I think I’ll take some to work for a snack today.


Here is a picture I took of my Star Jasmine vine that was in full bloom in late April. I wish you could smell them, it is just heavenly. I wish the blooms lasted longer but I believe its mother nature’s way for us to anticipate spring and the colors and aroma it brings.



Happy Monday!

No comments: