Thursday, December 29, 2011

season's eatings - a gift of spice

I'm sorry it's been a very VERY long time since my last post. I wish I could say I was on a trip around the world or kidnapped by some tall, dark, and handsome man who whisked me away to a deserted island and have been drinking those fruity drimks with my toes in the warm sand, but alas, it's not true. I guess I've been lazy.

I'm posting from Italy, I zipped over here to spend Christmas in Rome and a time in the lovely little town of Spoleto. Have been having a wonderful time.

For a second time I've participated in a food/spice exchange called Season's Eatings that Katie over at Thyme for Cooking puts together every year. Thank you Katie!! Katie's blog is about cooking good healthly food with fresh seasonal ingredients that your family will eat and love. She's made a believer out of me in making your own salad dressings, it's so easy that why would you spend all that money on bottled dressing and all those preservatives ? Katie also blogs on renovating a house in France along with all the trials and tribulations that go with that and also has 2 adorable puppies that she's training which leads to some fun times in her household. Check out her blog here.

My Season's Eatings package arrived in a box with festive red duct tape on the outside - Love it! It came from Christina from Georgia. Christina blogs at
Mele Cotte and has a lot of yummy mouthwatering posts for you to check out. Her latest post is how to make Mulling Mix. Though the holidays are coming to a close our weather is still cold and some good mulled spice wine/cider hits the spot.

I received from Christtina a cute card and gift bag and a lovely glass jar full of bay leaves. I've been thinking about seeing whether a bay tree will grow in Arizona or not so funny that bay leaves would be my gift.


Since I rushed over to Italy I did not have time to make anything with my bay leaves but reast assurd there is a soup or stew in my near future. With the temperature at 7C/45F I'm ready for some warm comfort food.


Thank you Christina for the wonderful bay leaves, I will certainly enjoy cooking with them.


Buon Natale/Merry Christmas to everyone.




2 comments:

Katie Zeller said...

Love the red duct tape! I use lots of bay leaves. What a nice gift! Enjoy Italy....

Chris said...

Sorry I am just seeing this now. How fun...Italy! I can't wait to go back. So glad you received the package! Have fun with bay leaves. Happy New Year!