Friday, May 9, 2008

just in time

For the party I’m having tomorrow night I wanted it to have an Italian theme. Sometimes that easier said then done and I now have a mixture of Italian, Mexican, and miscellaneous. When I was in Italy last year I was having a conversation about liqueurs with an American who lived there. He said his favorite was Averno Amaro liqueur. I had tried to find it before I left Italy but just ran out of time. I thought it would be nice to have for Saturday night so I hopped onto the computer and ordered it online.

Thankfully it arrived before the party.


Of course I did a little taste test (had to make sure it was ok for the guests right?) and it was good. Not as sweet as an amaretto but a nice sipping bitters liqueur.

I took today off to do the last minute shopping, cleaning the house, start the baking process and finishing the yard. I just received confirmation that a friend’s daughter will help me during the party refilling the food, beverages, etc. I'm so glad; maybe I'll relax a little and enjoy the evening. This will be hard for me as I', a control freak.

Here's to the weekend!!

2 comments:

casacaudill said...

I can't be entirely sure because it was a long day & night, but this might be the drink the American waiter served my husband and I at one of the places we stopped in to eat in Rome. We had only meant to grab a bite to eat and maybe a glass of wine and a full meal later, plus a bottle of wine and this digestif and we had had an amazing night in one of the oldest buildings in Rome. Ahhh, the memories. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

casacaudill - I just love when a picture or a place evokes a wonderful memory. I have so many of these from my trips to Italy.

Linda